How do you keep yourself active, when you really don’t feel like working out ?
That is the $1M question... really. Today, there is SO MUCH that gets in the way and drains you, stealing the motivation to keep active. I literally have to force myself to get up for a little each hour and walk around while at work as it is so easy to get focused on the job. Then you throw in the weather in Oregon. I had the idea to walk the dogs when I got home from work but the cold and the wetness cause motivation to fizzle. Get home and there's dinner to prepare, a kitchen to clean and administrative work I need to do as the audio tech at church. Maybe it would help to have kids to chase around but I see how tired my mama friends get although continued activity might further increase stamina. I guess it starts with little improvements that snowball over time. Keep up the small steps and maybe they eventually become a stride, right?
That reminds me. I started a group called "Small Steps" on Facebook after a friend of mine and I were inspired at the Diabetes EXPO in Portland last month when we met Jesse and Arthur Wornum from The Biggest Loser Season 11 and they were a great motivation - got me thinking that even small steps is moving and maybe I can keep up the momentum. People in the Portland area are welcome to participate. https://www.facebook.com/groups/smallsteps.pdxwest/
“This post is sponsored by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway”.
Small steps are super important! It's a pivotal part on how I've lost weight!
ReplyDeleteWendy @ the Weightsover.net